The new site is more or less up & running. There’s still work to be done on both the design and the content, but I decided to throw caution to the wind and do the rest of it while the site is live.
The static content php pages are no more – all the page content is now pulled from a database driven by TextPattern. It’s a pretty nice system, although it’s new and it shows : there’s basically no official documentation, and I’ve been hacking around in the source code to get it working how I want it.
I’ve actually been working on this on and off for around a year, but was never happy enough with it to release it.
That article prompted me to finally get round to finishing it off. The result is a freakish mutant hybrid of the torn & scratched design and the previous site layout.
The site seems to work perfectly in everything I’ve tried – let me know if you spot any problems. I’m still moving a lot of the content from the old site into TextPattern, so apologies for any missing stuff.
Commenting is closed for this article.